Wednesday 5 August 2015

Castaway


I find myself all at sea this week I didn't fininsh 'thing 7' before I read 'Thing 8'......big mistake I saw the word Pinterest and had palpitations......Pinterest is my social media drug of choice but more of that in my next blog!

I had very little experience of podcasts until this 'thing'. I had heard the Serial podcast being discussed on a radio programme last year and I listened to the first couple of episodes......I don't remember why I stopped listening to it because I was enjoying it. Enjoying may be the wrong word to use here....after all we are talking about the murder of a young girl and the possible wrongful conviction of her ex-boyfriend.

I downloaded the Stitcher app to my phone and I have been listening to podcasts every morning whilst trying to survive another app on my phone....the dreaded couch to 5 K.

I love the variety of programmes available, depending on your mood there is something different for every hour in the day. In terms of library use I can see how they could become a great tool for us here in Meath. We have regular book launches and we could use these events to record author interviews for future broadcast. We also have archive interviews on record that could be broadcast. So yes I like podcasts and yes I do think that they would make a great library tool....you can probably tell from the brevity of this blog that I am eager to proceed to the next thing for a Pinterest 'fix'.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for recommending Stitcher Susanne. Always great to get a recommendation from a fellow #rudai23 participant

    ReplyDelete