Tuesday 25 August 2015

The die is cast

I decided to use Screencast-O-Matic software for this thing. My only prior knowledge of screencasts had been limited to using them as a 'how do I?' tool on YouTube and therefore I decided to create my own 'how do I?' screencast video. The end result is a very rushed 2 minutes and 46 seconds video showing library users how to download a digital magazine to their PC.

I honestly didn't spend much time on this task as I have been off work and I'm way behind on my 'things'. I hate being late, I hate falling behind, I hate any kind of 'things' piling up and not getting done......try and picture John Cleese in Clockwise....but in a library and not in a school.

I did try to add subtitles but couldn't....I think this might be because I was using the free version of the software but please correct me if I'm wrong, as I said because I'm falling behind I did rush this 'thing' so the option of subtitles was probably quite obvious to everyone else and I just missed it.

It's the first time that I have downloaded anything to YouTube and it was surprisingly easy!! I do think that creating and using videos on the library social media platforms would be very useful especially for situations like....'how do I renew my books online?'....'how do I download an audio book?' etc. I have decided to spend more time familiarising myself with the software and creating screencasts specifically for our borrowers. 

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like this particular Thing is going to prove very useful for you in a work situation. Great to hear it. #rudai23

    ReplyDelete